Wednesday 4 June 2014

The Fight for Stanley

I was really wrestling with this blog idea, because I feel that this is strictly an opinion on what I think is going to go down and really at the end of the day, maybe I am just a geek. Not completely a hockey geek, just a geek. But damn it, I have my opinions and I want to voice them today before the puck drops tonight for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals. This is a pretty hype moment of the year, it always is regardless on how far away the Maple Leafs are from this picture. History is made, a new champion or a dynasty can take place, and really this is the series where anything can happen. So I wanted to give my opinions on both teams playing tonight, and maybe give my verdict on the winner, maybe. I am a Leafs fan, so my judgement isn't the best, just a heads up.

The Los Angeles Kings:



Oh man, these guys broke my heart when they knocked off my mistress team in the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday, but that aside this team is looking incredible! The amount of fight in them is insane to see, from there come back against the Sharks, there fight with the Ducks and knocking off the defending Stanley Cup champions as well. So much fight in this team. When people want to describe a team that doesn't give up, these guys. And the amount of scoring from all the lines, it's what everyone wants from there team. The Kings are playing to win, and with the Stanley Cup experience in their back pockets, who can deny this team a championship?

The New York Rangers:



Kings meet the King. Henrik Lundqvist. This man needs a Stanley Cup to solidify his career, not only in New York but in the pages of history. And the Rangers have had quite a journey to get the final stage, taking out a rival in the Flyers, overcoming Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins, then beating the Montreal Canadiens in the conference finals. And while the entire team has yet to play to their abilities, the guys who have been leaders have helped carry the team all the way here. But it's going to take a team effort to get over the Kings, but if Lundqvist shuts the door down then the Rangers have a chance to redo 1994 all over again.

But regardless who wins the 2013-2014 Stanley Cup this year, a big congrats to both teams, your cities should be proud. I don't really care who wins, honestly if they go to seven games I will feel like the winner. It's going to be an awesome series regardless, I can't wait to see history tonight. But that's my look on both these teams, what about you? Who do you think is going to take home the glory? Let me know in the comments below, I will see you guys later, til then keep chasing the storm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment