Tuesday 5 November 2013

Argh...

I am going to blame this on writer's block.

Hey everyone, back from the grave and doing really well actually. From the last time I posted, a lot of things have changed for me. In the first place I have recently started my new part time job at Starbucks. Now I know what you'll be thinking, but why? Doesn't it suck? Why? Well let me say, yes I was worried about starting and screwing up there, but I am slowly learning the ropes and I still have not had anyone scar me with a hot cup of java. The thing is, Starbucks is a really cool place to work at for a guy like me, it's not perfect by any stretch and at the end of any shift I am out of breath, but the shifts go by really quickly and they really are cool about working around my schedule. The fact is I wasn't sure if I could manage with barely making enough at conventions and shows, I needed a source of money that I could count on. And you know what Starbucks really looks after it's employees, I get health, dental and vacation benefits. Keep in mind, this is my first job with any kinds of benefits, this is strange to me. Not to mention getting free coffee isn't too shabby either. But yeah I am now working three different jobs, two part time and one full time which is being an artist. And not to mention trying to update this old blog here as well, that's a job in of itself as well.


Also I am getting ready for the last convention this year in Ottawa and I want to try and make a decent scratch there as well, I want to get atleast three new prints for that show. So if you are going to Pop Con in Ottawa, let me know what you would like to see. I am making prints, a few postcards and I got plenty of blank variant books that I am working on as well. I should also warn everyone that I am taking part in this thing called Movember as well, so beware it's coming soon. Fear the stache.

 But yeah thought I would give a little update on what's been going on with me here and I want to keep up on this thing as daily as possible...any bets to see how long that lasts? 


No comments:

Post a Comment