Wednesday 29 January 2020

Thoughts on a Train: Self

Who are you?

It is such a simple yet complex question when you really think about it. And this separates champions and challengers, the champions are the ones who walked into the labyrinth of self and emerged victorious.

But perhaps also there are challengers who stepped in and got lost. Still lost and trying to find the answers.

I was thinking about this last night, identity. Are we who we think we are or the sum of others? What happens when those two are different answer; maybe you aren’t as kind as you think you are or maybe you dislike social interactions and you come off as cold.

But how would you define yourself?

I want to know what is my core and rewire myself to be better. I think that has always been a staple in my own narrative, to be better.

My art has to be better.

Physically I need to be better.

Mentally. Educated. Manners. Rituals. I have to be better.

Is this the evolution of self loathing or just a mask?

But what do you think friends? I would love to hear some thoughts and takes on this dilemma. I am going to continue to work hard each day to improve in every way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment